CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camping Trip to Power House








We went to Power House on Friday and set up the tent trailer. Doug got out the mower and mowed until it finally gave out. We had tin foil dinners that night. There was Angie's family, Cris, Chelsea, Dianne and Jimmy and family. Jimmy went home after dinner. The next day Dianne, Chelsea and Cris went for a 3 hour trail ride. Angie fixed ribs in the dutch oven for dinner. It was awesome. Dianne and Chelsea went home.
We went to church and did the day trip to Soda on Sunday.

One Monday Breanna and I went for a trail ride. We rode up farther than I have ever been before. Usually the trail stops but the ATV's have made a trail all the way to the top. The view was spectacular. It was called Elkhorn Peak - 9,095 elevation. Breanna is my new riding partner. Angie is pregnant and Jessica is busy being a mom. Breanna seems to love to ride almost as much as I. This was her first mountain ride and we were gone almost 3 hours. She is becoming a great little rider and I am so glad to have a riding partner. I feel like I have gone back in time. I keep calling her Jessica. After the ride we had a roast dutch over dinner. It was very tasty. We played games and sat around the fire and went to bed.

The tent trailer was awesome. We had showers every day. The toilet worked great. There was lots space and it was great not having to have the trailer up there.

I had an aero bed in the pickup. I plugged in a lamp and had a cozy little bedroom where I could read and sleep. It was very comfy.

The only problem about the trip was that we needed more people. Has everyone given up on camping. If we don't get a cabin everyone just needs to buy a tent trailer.

Also, thank you Mom and Dad for providing such a beautiful place to go. It is so peaceful and beautiful and much cooler than in the city. It was great to have the water and sewer and pasture. I know that Dad was smiling down on us all the while we were there. That is what he wanted, a place for us to enjoy.

2 comments:

Doug & Angie Gray said...

Thanks for coming with us Mom. We are so glad you came. Thanks for taking Bre for her ride she had a great time. We are so glad you are apart of our family.

Fun Fantastic Family said...

cool pics mom. it looks so pretty up there Almost enough to go. lol :)