CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Soda Springs









On Sunday we went to church. Everyone was wondering where mom was. Mom didn't go because we couldn't get the motor home fixed and we knew she needed a place to stay with air conditioning. Maybe next time.

After Church we drove to Soda Springs. We missed the geyser but went and visited Hooper Springs and played at the playground for a while.

Next we drove over to the ranch. Would you believe the GATE WAS OPEN. We drove almost all the way to the spring on the other side. It was so beautiful. The cattle looked so pretty and were very curious about the kids and the kids were very curious about the cattle. I could feel Dad and Grandpa there. It made me realize how hard Dad worked and the long hours he spent getting the cattle to Soda. Sometimes he would make two trips in one day. How did he do it? I waded across the water and went over to the spring. The water looked so good and I was so thirsty. I filled my bottle with the water and took a drink. It was ice cold and tasted sooooooo good. I wanted a drink so bad that I was willing to risk the bugs. I didn't get sick so I was happy. What fond memories that place holds. It is a little piece of heaven on earth.

We drove back and stopped at Lava. They now have tubes that people put in the Portneff River at the beginning of town and float down to where the new swimming pool is. It seemed like a beach town. Everyone was in their swimming suits carrying tubes up the street. We had a very nasty dinner and then drove back to Power House

0 comments: